It suddenly occurred to me that my weekly Facebook update was becoming a bit like a blog entry, so why not put in on the blog? Without further ado:
Sankey's of Royal Tunbridge Wells - Now Serving Classic Blend
(1) Local lawyers Cripps, co-hosted a networking event for artisan food producers with The Old Tonbridge Fire Station and we were there! Bean Smitten like to support other local producers as much as possible and you couldn't fail to be impressed by the talent and passion of local food entrepreneurs who were there on Tuesday evening.
(2) Wednesday was one of our busiest days on production so far. Harry was virtually chained to the roaster for most of the day. Turns out that our new bagging area was finished just in time. Lots of lovely fresh coffee was despatched to customers across Kent, Sussex and Surrey.
Harry - There's no going home 'til it's done, mate
(3) We are delighted that the well known pub and seafood brasserie Sankey's of Tunbridge Wells (pictured top of page) have chosen Bean Smitten to meet their coffee needs. Harry spent last Thursday morning installing a brand new Sanremo on demand grinder and helping Sankey's staff brush up on their barista skills. The restaurants at Mount Ephraim and The Pantiles are serving our Classic Blend.
(4) We like to keep in touch with our clients, so given that Easter is approaching, we visited Hendricks of Hythe a choclatiere based in the Kent town of the same name. We stocked up on some goodies and treated ourself to a mocha - made with the finest Belgium chocolate and our Classic Blend Coffee.
Hendrick's of Hythe - Great Handmade Chocolate
(5) By relocating the bagging and despatch to a seperate area of the roastery, we now find that we have more space to brew up. We're planning some video guides, but we want to take a slightly different angle than the plethora of brewing guides on the Internet. Here's your chance to get involved. Click here to drop us an email about any issues you'd like us to address e.g. What temperature should the water be for making coffee? We'll see what we can do.
Next: Check out our latest coffees in our online store